Ok, we all have those sayings and pieces of advice that people have told us. Please share the ones that you like here.
What to have in your homeEdit
| Quote |
“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”
One set is "Lefler's Laws" from Star Trek: The Next Generation, where a character, Robin Lefler (MemoryAlpha), shared some of her life laws. Robin created a set of 102 "Laws" to live by. "Every time I learn something essential," she explained, "I make up a law about it, so I never forget."
- You can only count on yourself.
- When all else fails, do it yourself.
- You gotta go with what works.
- Life isn't always fair.
- Always watch your back.
- A couple of light years can't keep good friends apart. (suggested by Wesley Crusher)
Another set of rules comes from NCIS, Leroy Jethro "Gunny" Gibb's rules. Over 20 have been captured on the NCIS wiki, some are
- Rule #1: Never screw over your partner.
- Rule #2: Always wear gloves at a crime scene.
- Rule #3: Don't believe what you're told. Double check.
- Rule #40: If it seems someone is out to get you, they are.
- Rule #44: First things first, hide the women and children.
- Rule #45: Clean up the mess that you make.
- Rule #51: Sometimes - You're wrong.
Here are some links to some other sets of "life rules":
- Tiny Buddha 5 Rules for Life
- See the article for a more in depth description.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Let yourself be vulnerable.
- Live in accordance with your values.
- See as much as you can of what’s right in front of you.
- Treat yourself like you want other people to treat you.